Google & Facebook Ads To Cure Your Sales Woes
Every year businesses, large and small, establish lofty sales goals and develop strategies to meet those goals. Whether it’s adding to your sales force or investing in new marketing trends, we’re here to share with you why you should consider Google & Facebook Ads as part of your sales growth strategy.
Benefits of Google Ads
When you decide to advertise through Google’s Display Ad Network, you’re potentially reaching over 90% of people on the internet. That’s a huge pool of over 2 million websites! Now, that’s a captive audience ready to check out the amazing products and services you have to offer.
However, there’s more to the art of advertising on Google than meets the eye. The competition is fierce but there are a few key factors that will make your Google Ad spend worth every penny.
• Audience – Knowing your audience and how to connect with them can make or break an ad. Really think about what will appeal to them most. What language do they respond most to? What graphics will catch their attention?
• Timeliness – Understand what appeals to your target audience during key times of the year. Depending on your product/service offering, you may have peak seasons or peak times that work to your benefit. For example, this vineyard vines ad promoting their “shark week” themed gear is a perfect collaboration with the Discovery channel.
• Messaging – When developing ads, think about your customer’s intent and what words they might use to search. Also, you’ll want to differentiate yourself with attention-grabbing phrases or terminology.
• Targeting – Through Google Ads, you have the ability to target certain characteristics of your customer base. You can specify a certain geographical location, specific interests, websites, and even certain demographics.
Benefits of Facebook Ads
Gone are the days of organic leads on Facebook and unfortunately, if you want to make your Facebook presence worth it, you’ve got to pay to play. However, if you know what you’re doing, advertising on Facebook can come with a huge payoff! Here are a few stats to give a complete scope of Facebook’s landscape.
- Facebook has 41 billion monthly active users.
- Facebook is the third most visited website according to Hootsuite.
- 15% of U.S. users shop on Facebook.
Now that we’ve convinced you that advertising on Facebook is worth the time and money you put into it, here are a few key things that will make a Facebook ad stand out among the rest.
- Attention-Grabbing Creative – Keeping it short, simple, and to-the-point can work to your benefit. Also, go for graphics that are on-brand but also vibrant to stand out. The reason is that you only have a short “scroll time” to catch someone’s attention. To give you a benchmark, according to a study recently conducted by Microsoft, humans now have an attention span of 8 seconds which is 1-second less than that of a goldfish!
- Connect With Your Audience – Consider your target audience for your ad and make an effort to connect with them on an emotional level to gain their trust and loyalty. For example, check out this ad from Walmart which identifies the timesaving benefits of their Grocery To Go program and promises more time for creating those special memories during the holidays.
- Clever Call To Action – Many businesses use words like “FREE” or “BOGO” when advertising. There’s nothing wrong with that as long as your CTA is clear to the customer. Stand out even more by coming up with clever ways to grab attention with less common offers that add value to your messaging and brand mission.
- Targeting – Just like, Google Ads, Facebook also has the ability to target your ideal audience by serving up your ads to those most likely to click and have interest in the product/service your promoting.
- Instagram – One added benefit of advertising on Facebook is the ability for your ads to be automatically integrated with Instagram (if your accounts are linked) which provides more bang for your buck.
Now that you know the benefits and what makes a successful Google and Facebook ad, it’s time to get started! At ARK Marketing, our team is ready and able to get you up and running with paid advertising. Our experts will not only create ads that stand out among the competition but we will also help manage your ad spend as if it were our very own. We are also a certified Google Partner so you can rest assured that you’re in good hands. Learn more about us and the services we offer HERE.
Check back soon for more useful tips on how to leverage your small business in a big world of competition. If you need help managing certain aspects of your small business or you’d like to know more about the services ARK Marketing has to offer, email us or comment below! Also, follow us on Facebook and Instagram for industry news, inspiration, and helpful tidbits for finding small business success.